Historic Birmingham Landmarks On This Map
- Methodist Churches
- Cumberland Presbyterian Churches
- Catholic Churches and Convent
- First Presbyterian Church
- Episcopal Church
- First Baptist Church
- First Baptist Mission Chapel
- Colored Baptist Chapel
- Colored Churches
- County Court House
- Exposition Building
- City Hall and Market House
- Public Schools
- Central Bank
- Alabama State Bank
- Jefferson County Savings Bank
- First National Bank
- Opera House Frank P O Brine
- Proposed Hotel and Union Depot
- Richards House
- Hewitt House, A. Eubank, Owner
- Florence House
- Sloss Furnace and Coke Ovens
- Mary Pratt Furnace
- Birmingham Fire Brick Works, Stevens and Fenton
- Georgia Pacific R R. Round House and Shops
- Birmingham Iron Works, Wm Hardie, General Manager
- Birmingham Rolling Mill
- Alic Furnace and Coke Ovens
- Jefferson Foundry and Machine Shops. C P Williamson
- Iron City Foundry Machine Works, Aiken and Lighton
- Linn Iron, Works
- Furniture Sash Door and Blind Mfg W P. Brewery
- Mineral City Mills, Braun, Schaefer and Behrens
- L and N. R. R Shops
- Cotton Factory
- Ice Factory
- Brick Works
- Planing Mills
- Wagon and Carriage factory, John W. Snow
- Skating Rink
- Soda and Mineral Water Mfg, C. B. Bell Snyder Trustee
- Gas works
This is a super-high quality, digitally restored print of Birmingham, AL from the year 1885.
This vintage piece includes many historic Birmingham landmarks, and it's very accurate for 1885.
The Ted's team has restored this vintage Birmingham map by enhancing the colors as well as editing out discoloration, rips and creases. A few marks such as stamps and other markings with historical value have been left in their original condition, but they are cleaned up easily if you would like at no additional cost.
This great-looking historic map of Birmingham, AL is available to you in different sizes and is printed in ultra-high quality resolution on museum-quality, durable paper.
These look incredible in a frame, or hung as a poster.
Questions about this Birmingham, Alabama 1885 map?
- Click the "message us" button to ask us about removing imperfections, further recoloring or including custom margins to fit a particular frame size. We can do most of this for free.
- Click the "message us" button to see if we have other maps of Birmingham available that are not yet listed on the website. (We have thousands of maps not yet on the site - just let us know your city, we probably have more available.)
- For any other questions, please check out our FAQ.