Historic Chicago Landmarks On This Map
- Central Elevator
- Great Central Depot
- White Stocking Base-ball Ground
- Booksellers’ Row
- Tremont House
- Sherman House
- Board of Trade
- Chicago Tribune
- Crosby Opera-house
- Rush-street Bridge
- State-street Bridge
- Clark-street Bridge
- Lasalle-street Tunnel
- Wells-street Bridge
- Michigan Southern; C., R. I., and P
- Site of Ogden House
- Bigelow House
- Palmer House
- Bartlett’s Church (Plymouth Congregational)
- First Baptist Church
- Michigan-avenue Hotel
- Terrace Row
- Drake Block
- Chicago Times
- Sheridan’s Head-quarters
- P., F. W., and C. Depot ; and C., A., and St. L
- C., Cin., and Ind. Cent. Depot
- Chicago and Northwestern
- Union Park
- Washington Square
- Dr. Colyer’s Church
- Lincoln Park
- Lake Shore Drive
- Chicago River
- North Branch
- South Branch
- Entrance of Chicagor River into Canal
- Union Stock-yards
- Dexter Park
- South Side
- Lake Park
- North Side
- West Side
- Briggs House
- Grain Warehouse, near where the first fire began
This is a high quality, digitally restored print of Chicago, IL from the year 1871.
This vintage print includes several historic Chicago landmarks, and it's super accurate for 1871.
The team here at Ted's has restored this vintage Chicago map by enhancing color as well as removing stains, tears and creases. Some imperfections such as stamps and other markings with historical value have been preserved, but can be easily cleaned up if you would like at no additional cost.
This vintage historic map of Chicago, IL comes in multiple dimensions and is printed with advanced ink formulas on museum-quality, matte finish paper.
These pieces look amazing in a frame, or hung as a poster.
Questions about this Chicago, Illinois 1871 map?
- Click the "message us" button to ask us about removing imperfections, further recoloring or creating custom margins to fit a particular frame size. We will do most of this at no extra cost.
- Click the "message us" button to see if we have other maps of Chicago available that are not yet listed on the website. (We have thousands of maps not yet on the site - just let us know your city, we probably have more available.)
- For any other questions, please check out our FAQ.
All items shipped within the United States have a flat shipping fee of $7.95. Prints are shipped to your address via USPS first class mail, which can take 3-5 business days after your item is printed.
From the time you order, you can expect your item to take 4 - 7 business days to arrive at your door.
All prints are shipped a sturdy, cardboard tube (pictured below).
Would you like to see some edits to this map? That's usually no problem at all.
Click here to contact us!
If you would like your print changed to black & white or sepia - or if you'd like to order your print in a custom size, or with a custom colored matte, please contact us. We can usually make these edits for you at no additional cost... just ask!